MBC is is committed to equip partners to establish centers where underprivileged people are taught and guided to start their own businesses, generating a sustainable and steady income for themselves, for their families and the community. Due to the growth in the number of projects, we are looking for volunteers who want to dedicate themselves to this work for at least one half day per week (or more).
- The desire to give underprivileged people an opportunity to provide for themselves and their families
- You are interested in the combination of Business and Assistance
- You are preferably familiar with development work
- You enjoy working on international projects
We can use help with one or more of the following areas:
- Practical support for 1 of the project leaders (maintaining contact with the local organization, providing training material, arranging training, airline tickets, arranging and administering meetings, etc.)
- PR, Marketing and Fundraising
- Providing training on location abroad
- Evaluating the draft business plans.
This brings you:
- Seeing that lives can really change
- You can use your gifts and talents for helping others
- You are a witness and part of global developments that do not reach the daily news
- It gives you the opportunity to visit a project in the field
Being an employee of this organization is on a voluntary basis, no compensation is given on an hourly basis. General expenses to promote the work of the organization can be (partially) reimbursed, in consultation with the board..
The board of the MBC foundation is looking for expansion in order to better and more professionally support the work of MBC. In particular, the practical implementation of partner involvement and fundraising currently receives too little attention. That is why the board is looking for an active member who has the desire and the time to draw attention to MBC’s work.
MBC is an organization that equips people worldwide to set up centers where underprivileged people learn and are guided to start their own business, in order to generate a stable and sustainable income for themselves, their family, friends and the community. MBC is particularly committed to developing countries where the need is greatest.
We are looking for a board member for the PR and Marketing portfolio
- Caring for your fellow man
- To give underprivileged people an opportunity to take care of themselves and their families
- Preferably you are familiar with development work.
- You have a network with (Christian) entrepreneurs or organizations involved in development work.
- You find the combination of Micro-Business and Development work interesting
- You have strong communication skills and you enjoy presenting
- You have enough time to reach and maintain relationships and networks
You can take on these responsibilities:
- Developing an (annual) PR and Marketing plan.
- You build and maintain the MBC network and regularly present the developments of MBC.
- You are looking for new sponsors and organizations that want to support the work of MBC.
- You keep a finger on the pulse and regularly test whether MBC’s activities still fit within the vision, mission and objectives.
This brings you:
- You are part of an organization that has an impact on the lives of underprivileged people
- As an MBC board member you work together with various passionate Christians
- You witness global developments that do not reach the daily news
- It gives you the opportunity to visit a project
Being a board member of MBC is on a voluntary basis, no compensation is given on an hourly basis. General expenses to promote the work for MBC can be (partially) reimbursed, in consultation with the board.